Prep Time: 2-8 hours
Cook Time: 40 mins
- GOURMET DU VILLAGE ROASTED CHIPOTLE & GARLIC DIP MIX
- 2 pork filet mignons, approx. 500 g (1 lb) each, fat removed
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) brewed espresso or strong coffee, cooled
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) orange juice
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) tomato ketchup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour into a plastic food storage bag; add the tenderloins, turn to coat. Seal the bag and place it into a bowl and refrigerate. Let marinate for 2 to 8 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
2. Heat the outdoor BBQ to medium heat. Or, preheat the oven to 190 C (375 F).
3. Remove the tenderloins from the bag, saving the marinade.
4. Place the tenderloins on the grill and cook for about 15 minutes, turning at regular intervals, until the internal temperature reaches 70 C (160 F), slightly pink inside. Or, if using the oven, place the tenderloins on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, then turn the broiler on and broil for 3 minutes.
5. Remove the tenderloins from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer.
6. Serve the cooked marinade as a sauce with the sliced pork for some extra spiciness. This tenderloin is delicious served over rice along with a sweet vegetable such as carrots, squash or corn niblets. Or for a simple & quick dish, serve the sliced pork directly over mesclun salad, with crusty bread on the side."