Time 30 mins
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) GOURMET DU VILLAGE FAJITA SEASONING
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml)diced fresh tomato
- 1 cup (250 ml) corn kernels
- 3 scallions, trimmed and minced (white and light parts)
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 cup (250 ml) black beans
- 1 iceberg lettuce, broken up into bite size pieces.
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (125 ml) salsa
- ½ cup (125 ml) sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Optional to serve on a bed of rice.
1. Brush the chicken breasts with a thin layer of oil on both sides, then rub the FAJITA SEASONING all over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
2. Preheat your BBQ to medium-high heat, reduce the heat to medium and grill the chicken breasts on both sides, turning only once, until cooked all the way through (approximately 8-10 minutes per side). You can also cook them in the oven if you prefer.
3. When the chicken is cooked, place it on a cutting board and cut it into thin slices.
4. On 4 dinner places, create your salad by layering equal amounts of lettuce, corn, beans, cheese, avocado, scallions, diced tomato, and chicken. Sprinkle the top with the cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. To finish it off, spoon the salsa and sour cream on top, serve on a bed of rice or with tortilla chips.