Time: 35 mins
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cup drained and rinsed kidney beans
- 8 grape tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) chopped green pepper
- ½ cup (120 ml) corn kernels
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil *
- 4 tsp (20 ml) GOURMET DU VILLAGE ROASTED CHIPOTLE & GARLIC BAKED DIP MIX
1. To prepare the tortilla chips, preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C). Brush the tortillas on both sides with the olive oil (or Bread Dipping Oil) and cut them into 8 wedges. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. Lower the oven temperature to 375 F (190 C).
3. Set aside 1/2 cup (120 ml) of kidney beans. Place the rest of the kidney beans in a small saucepan along with 6 tbsp (90 ml) of water and the ROASTED CHIPOTLE & GARLIC BAKED DIP MIX, heat on medium, stirring and mashing the beans until thickened, about 5 minutes.
4. Transfer the bean mixture into a bowl and mix in the tomatoes, green pepper and corn. Blend in half of the cheeses.
5. Fill the baker with the bean mixture and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until bubbling hot."