Time: 60 mins
- 1.5 lbs mini potatoes
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Zoe Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Smoke Show Jalapeño Spice Blend
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parsley, finely chopped
1. First step is to cook the potatoes. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook potatoes until soft - this should take around 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Drain the potatoes and let them dry in the colander for 5 minutes or so to release any extra moisture.
4. Now it’s time to smash! Place the potatoes on a tray then use a large fork or potato masher to squish them, keeping them in one piece. Rule of thumb is thin = crisper and thicker = fluffier insides. Keeping the skin on your potatoes is also going to give them that crunch!
5. Leave them on the tray to steam dry again for around 5 minutes to release any more moisture - this is the trick that makes them crispier!
6. Drizzle with butter, olive oil, then sprinkle over with salt and pepper and Smoke Show Jalapeno Spice Blend.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until the potatoes turn deep golden and crispy.
8. Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley. Enjoy!